Elinor loved going to the Globe Theatre, built by William Shakespeare's theatre company the Lord Chamberlain's Men in 1598. Her favourite playwright was Shakespeare himself and she loved to go see his plays.
Test your knowledge with our Shakespearean Quiz !
Fun Shakespearean Trivia:
- How many siblings did Shakespeare have?
- How old was Shakespeare when he got married?
- How many female actors did Shakespeare employ in his plays?
- What did Shakespeare famously leave his wife in his will?
- How many plays did Shakespeare write?
- ‘To be or not to be, that is the question’.
- ‘Out damned spot, out I say’.
- ‘If music be the food of love, play on’.
- Name 3 phrases Shakespeare made up. If you can’t name three make some up yourself. Who can make up the best phrase?
- The longest word in any of Shakespeare’s plays is ‘honorificabilitudinitatibus’. Try saying it as many times as you can in 30 seconds and take turns guessing what it means.
- Shakespeare was famous for his incredible characters from witches, to queens, to waring families, try making up your own Shakespearean character, where would Elinor fit into his stories?
Did you like our quiz ? Make sure to sign up to our newsletter for more fun activities, news and fun things to do!